AlgiPharma’s OligoG technology is based on highly purified and defined oligomer saccharide structures processed and isolated from the alginate polysaccharide, and manufactured in accordance with GMP guidelines, ICH Q7 and ISO standards.
AlgiPharma technology is supported by a young and strong patent portfolio.
This unique active ingredient is highly water soluble, with a pronounced negative charge density, and an affinity for multivalent cations. The molecule is stable, non-toxic and bio-compatible.
The properties of AlgiPharma’s alginate oligomers as demonstrated from in vitro and in vivo studies include:
- Release of stagnant mucus in airway and intestinal mucosa
- Normalizing intestinal transit times in CF models
- Disruption of established biofilm matrix
- Biofilm prevention in respiratory and wound models
- Inhibition of bacterial adherence to surfaces
- Reduction in bacterial mobility and virulence
- Inhibition of fungal hyphae
- Potentiation of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds